CHANNEL ISLANDS RESTORATION
Channel Islands Restoration is a non-profit organization that restores habitat in sensitive and unique natural areas on the California Channel Islands and adjacent mainland. We help protect rare and endangered native plant and animal species by restoring the natural habitat they depend on for survival. We educate about the value of native habitat and how to protect it. We recruit volunteers and identify and develop public and private funding sources for habitat restoration programs. www.cirweb.org
The major duties of the Special Projects Administrator include, but are not limited to helping project managers and the operations manager implement habitat restoration projects with a variety of administrative tasks. This person will be stationed in the office. The position will start as a permanent half-time position (20 hours per week) and may grow into a full-time position over time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- schedule staff assignments
- order equipment and supplies
- track expenses and budgets
- track project milestones and deliverables
- organize receipts and submittal to the accountant
- help to create job estimates and grant proposals
- make hotel, flight and boat reservations
- office organization
- assist in the recruitment of new employees
- secure access permits from military installations
- collaborate with CIR management, accountant and other personnel
- contribute to written reports
- perform miscellaneous office and administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years experience with project administration and management.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional skill with Excel and Microsoft Word.
$25 to $35 per hour depending on experience.
Submit a cover letter and a résumé via email to email@example.com